04 August 2010

in which it is after midnight and i am still working on getting caught up

**UPDATE:  Mabry slept until 3:30am and has been up every 45 minutes or so since crying.  She still has a fever of about 102.  My gut is saying this is more than just viral (ie: cold), but I don't really know what the next step should be or how long we should wait.

The last few days have been eventful.  More in a wow this day hasn't gone nearly the way I thought it would and oh look at that it is already after midnight kind of way than anything else.

Yesterday I spent the better part of the morning tearing my hair out, talking on the phone to Apple customer support through gritted teeth and tears and telling person after person the run down of things that were going wrong with my computer.  In the end Mabry and I loaded up and spent a total of hours in the car driving to the nearest Apple store to have the computer looked at and in the end replaced.  It was a total hassle, but as long as I have a working computer it was worth it.

Even though Apple really made me mad and didn't make this whole situation all that easy to navigate through I still have to give them credit.  It was really nice to see a company actually stand behind its product and who (for the most part) wanted to do right by the customer.  Those types of companies are a rarity these days it seems.

Today was supposed to be a day of relaxation in preparation for all of the cleaning I have planned for Wednesday.  (I am typing this technically on Wednesday in the wee hours of the morning.  But since I have yet to go to sleep I am still considering today as Tuesday.) Instead I spent a good four hours in the ER.  Mabry had spiked a fever through the night, but in the morning seemed to be feeling like her old self.  Once nap time rolled around she started crying and complaining about her belly hurting again.  I couldn't get a walk in appointment at a decent time (the best they could do was 9pm?!) I opted to just take her to the ER to be checked out.  Her temp was 102.2 and they were pretty sure she had some sort of a bacterial infection.

They took a urine sample, which came back fine.  By "they" I mean me.  Ever had to help a toddler go potty in a teeny tiny cup?  It isn't much fun.  The doctor did notice a rash and concluded that maybe it wasn't an infection after all, gave us two prescriptions and sent us packing.

Mabry isn't eating much.  She spent most of the evening laying on the couch or in bed.  She has been getting up about every 15-20 minutes and crying for her Daddy and it sounds so sad and pitiful.  Finally around 11 Dan and I agreed to just put her in our bed with him while I worked on some editing.  They are currently both sleeping and I haven't heard a peep out of her in over an hour.  Hallelujah.  Besides liquids I think sleep is the best thing we can give her right now.

Which means I am going to be sleeping on a twin bed tonight.

Anyhow, no pictures from today or yesterday as things have been kind of crazy.

I did make a few changes on the photography site as far as the galleries go and added some more photos.  Stop over and check it out and then come back here and let me know what you think.  I'd love to hear back from you!  (Also, let me know if you can see the logo on the very first page before you enter the site.  I have heard from a few people that they can't see it.  I made a few changes, but don't know if it is working now as my computer has always shown it.)

Happy Hump Day!  Is it the weekend yet?!

4 comments:

  1. First of all I hope Mabry is doing better. My initial thought was ear infection but that was before I read you took her to the ER. Keep us posted. Secondly I LOVE THE PHOTOS! I don't know whose kids those are but they sure are cute! The one of Micah where you have 3 together is awesome! Sorry just excited. :) Great job! Yes I can see the logo on the first page and that cute boy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really done a great job on these photos and that is one cute little dude in the beginning. Where ever did you find such cute families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can see it and it looks great. I hope Mabry gets better soon...poor baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are beautiful!!! You do such a great job, Jessica! I am so sorry that Mabry is sick!! It is not much fun when the little ones are sick. I hope she gets better fast.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover