25 August 2010

the one where i call for backup

Internets, I am stick to death of changing diapers.  On one hand, I feel lucky that we are down to two diapers a day (nap and bedtime).  On the other hand, Mabry is almost three and really do I have to change any more of these things?

I guess in my happy little mind I always figured that by the time she was three-years-old diapers would be a long gone thing of the past.  It was never a spoken deadline, just something there in the back of my mind.

In the last few months I have tried several different tactics to at least eliminate the nap diaper.  Nothing has worked.

So as of yesterday I brought in backup.

In the form of a space ranger.

Internets, meet my current BFF, Buzz.

A little help from my friend


This guy can motivate Mabry in ways no one can.  Right now he is just hanging out in his box on her dresser, slowly killing her.  Ever since Buzz came home with us she has begged, pleaded, bargained and anything else she can think of to get him out of the box and into her hands.

I guess she can't resist a man in uniform.  Especially when the uniform includes such an awesome helmet you can open and close at will.  Don't even get me started on the buttons.  Oh the buttons.  How she wants to press them and make noises...and...and...seriously Mama you are killing me can't I please just take him out of the box.

It is basic math.  1 week of dry diapers = 1 Buzz Lightyear, Space Ranger.

Even though I brought Buzz in to help me with nap time, we have decided to see just how deep the motivation goes and if all diapers everywhere can be eliminated.

In the meantime, we will keep reiterating the rules.

2 comments:

  1. Oh to hear her go, "please please please" would have probably made me cave. I hope she keeps doing good with the no peeing in her diaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so cute. We have 1 out of diapers...even for nap but she still wears it at night.

    The other? Totally different story and they will be 3 in December. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover