18 August 2010

the one where i inhale way too many spray paint fumes and i discover a "celebrity" buried under curls

Thank you all for your feedback on here and on Facebook about what to do regarding my bedroom.

First of all, as soon as I started moving it I knew that the bed in front of the windows was a bad idea.   It was just something I had to try.  Growing up I was the kid who rearranged her room on a monthly if not biweekly basis.  This habit has carried on into my adult life.  Living in a house where almost every room allows for only one arrangement is killing me.

Killing me I say.

Secondly, I ended up taking back the sconces.  They were too big for the room and just didn't look right.  The fact that I put them up on the wall and then needed almost immediate affirmation from my online family that they didn't look like total butt should have been a good indication that they had to go.  Why spend money on something you don't really like?

IMG_3708


I did find some sconces from Hobby Lobby that I did love and for just about half the price as the other ones.  The only problem was that the dark metal base was lost on the dark wall.  Good thing I am not afraid of a little spray paint and sandpaper.

I am really happy with the way they look and the golden glass fits right in with the rest of the room.

IMG_3711


Spray paint, isn't it magical?  Especially when you get a contact high by not thinking and using a can of  it in a closed garage.

*****

In completely unrelated news, in a fit of total boredom I broke out the hair straightener and used it on Mabry.  I was curious to see just how long her hair really is underneath all of those beautiful curls.

IMG_3713


I was a little shocked at just how long it is.  Especially when she started out with nothing more than a little faux hawk.

Exhibit A:
Sitting like a big girl #2


I think I was more shocked to discover that when she turned around it was more like looking at Joe Dirt than Mabry.

IMG_3717


Dig it.

3 comments:

  1. She doesn't look like joe dirt. she looks precious! I like the sconces. I don't feel like you will be speared in the night. I can sleep well knowing that :) We need to talk about this weekend! I might call you tonight or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even Mabry looks shocked! Straight hair....not so much.

    Love the new sconces, they look great and I am glad that you are happy with them.

    I know it will drive you crazy not being able to change your rooms as often as you use to. I should let the blogging world know that not only did you change your room biweekly but you also would completely change bedrooms with your sisters. Then they will get a better handle on how much this is making you crazy not to be able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mabry's hair is so long! I love it!

    Oh those sconces are really much better. Your bedspread is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover