19 August 2010

the one where mabes finds her inner monet

IMG_3718



My sister suggested that since I didn't need to the frames that were above my bed anymore that I move them up to the playroom.  


The only problem was that the frames are a really odd size.  So what do you put in them?


It didn't take long to figure it out once I got my creative juices flowing.

I picked up some paint from Walmart along with two pieces of poster board and came home with a plan.  

First I took the glass from one of the frames and traced it onto the back of the poster board three times (one for each frame that I had).  I was able to fit two on one sheet and the third on the second sheet.  Then I taped the two pieces together.  I wanted the painting to flow from one frame into the next.  

That was the hard part.  

IMG_3687

After that I stripped Mabry down (she is in a diaper because I had already gotten her ready for bed when I decided to do the project) and turned her loose on a paper plate filled with paint.

IMG_3692

When she was done I covered her hand in paint (since she was nice enough to cover my kitchen floor in paint already) had her "sign" the corner.  

 Of course I created a monster who now asks to paint anything and everything.  

Looking back this might be considered her "rainbow period."  I am going to embrace it while I can.  In a few years it will be the "doom and gloom brooding (pre)teen rain clouds of angst period."  

IMG_3705



At which point these three paintings will be even sweeter than they already are.

IMG_3719

5 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFUL idea!!! I LOVE the paintings :-) And they match the pom poms hanging over her adorable table :-) I'm glad to see that sheebus didn't try to paint with Mabry...that could have been a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! They look great in the room. Great idea Jess and great job Mabry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT job Mabry! I LOVE them; they look so colorful in the room. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your playroom pictures! What a cute idea!! I also would love to know where you got your couch. I am looking for something very similiar for our playroom. I wanted to tell you I love all of the pictures!! I am wanting to order some, so let me know how to do that. They are so good!!! Thanks, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Mabry should open her own Etsy shop and sell those ;0)

    Great idea...may have to steal it for the twins' rooms!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover