07 September 2010

the one where i kick my week off

I have so much to share with you this week.  I just hope I can get my act together to type up and schedule posts!  To say that things are busy, busy, busy around here would be an understatement.

To add to the madness, I have been on a kick lately of trying to redo the house decor.  I am in the mood for change, especially in the kitchen and dining area.  I am in love with our pub height table, but I can't help but look at other kitchen tables.  Take for instance when I saw this kitchen table, I just about died and went to heaven.  Seriously, how great would that look in the dining room?


Did you see that drawer underneath for added storage?  Seriously, I am a girl who can't get enough storage...especially in my kitchen area.

I also like the idea of a rug in the dining room.  For instance this one and this one.  Oh how I love them!  Did I mention I have a thing for stripes lately?

Unfortunately the budget isn't up for such big changes.  I am, however, saving pennies to hopefully buy a new chandelier for above our table.  I have been searching and searching for just the right one.  I found this one, which I love the shape and size of.  I wish it came in silver to match the rest of the lighting.  But then what kind of DIYer would I be if I didn't find a way to make it into what I wanted?  A little spray paint, some elbow grease and maybe a few other personal touches and voila I can already picture it now!

In the meantime I am making other changes in other areas of the house.  For instance Mabry's room which under went a major transformation in the last week.  Tomorrow I will be sharing all kinds of photos and fun details with you about her room!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the 2nd rug you posted...they match my dish set and lots of decorations I forgot I had in the storage unit! One of the Christmas presents my parents gave us/me was a chandelier very similar to the one that you LOVE, except they bought it at Home Depot. But then again you are so creative, I know that you will be able to make that bronze chandelier silver with just some elbow grease! Can't wait to see what Mabry's room looks like! Happy belated Birthday Mabry!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover