17 September 2010

where i attempt to teach a toddler bible memory verses

IMG_4055

I found this great book, ABC Bible Verse Book, at Barnes and Noble last week.  There are 26 verses in the book, one for each letter in the alphabet.  I loved the simplicity of the wording and the illustrations that went along with them.  Not to mention it has thicker pages making it more durable for Mabry to play with.  Plus I thought this would be a great way to teach Mabry memory verses in a simple way that she could understand.

Once I was home I decided to take it a step further.  I took our book and scanned each of the pages.  Then I shrunk the pages down into 3 inch squares, which I then printed out and laminated.  

IMG_4059


I cut out all of the squares and glued magnets to the back.  

Each week we will take out a verse and stick it up on the fridge or dishwasher (I'll leave it up to Mabry where it goes) as a reminder and visual aid.

She has done great learning her first verse for this week:


As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.  Joshua 24:15

1 comment:

  1. Could you make me one? I'll pay you. I like the illustrations and magnet idea.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover