01 April 2011

in which we take a trip down memory lane to edenton, nc

The weekend before Dan left we took a little family trip to Virgina Beach.  On the way up we took a slight detour and stopped in the city I was born in.  I lived there until I was about ten months old and have only been back once for a visit the summer before 8th grade.

Fair warning most of these photos are for the purpose of sharing them with my Mom, who I know checks in here.  Hi Mom!

It was interesting.  Dan kept laughing at the hospital I was born in.  Apparently he was born in the lap of luxury compared to this.  I told him I weighed 6 pounds and was only 17 inches long, I didn't need wide open spaces to come into this world.
Edenton

I tried to tell Mabry about the different places we were visiting.  She was more interested in picking ever flower and weed she could get her hands on.  We each had a fist full by the time we made it back to the car.
Edenton

Downtown Edenton is really quaint.  They have a lot of old buildings.  We had a lot of fun just walking around and checking it all out.
Edenton

My favorite spot was visiting the pier at the end of the main road.  Something about being right there on the water is so calming right down to my soul.  Maybe I should pack up and spend this deployment ocean side.
Edenton
Edenton
Edenton

I made a lame attempt at a family photo.  The camera was balanced just so on a little bar.  We were all nervous it was about to set sail on its own adventure.  I think I had better save my money and invest in a gorillapod.
Edenton

Mabry swears every time she sees the wake of a plane in the sky that it is really Buzz Lightyear flying through the air.  She was excited when she spotted him from the pier.
Edenton

This last photo is of the house my family lived in.  I felt really old when I sent a text to my Mom with this photo and she responded with "OMG we planted that tree when you were born."  (Don't even get me started about my Mom using "OMG.")
Edenton

I will leave you with this video.  I am sorry that the wind is blowing so hard through most of it.  Mabry was out on the pier searching for mermaids.  She found one while I was filming.  We are pretty sure she was really looking at wave tops out in the distance.  But then again, who knows maybe it was Ariel coming to pay a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover