11 May 2011

diy photo mosaic

One of the best things about blogging for me has been all of the inspiration I have come across to help me to make my house a home.

A few months back I saw a photo mosaic that I fell in love with.  The only thing I didn't like was that the photos had been hot glued to the wall.  I wanted something square in shape with the least obtrusive frame possible.  There were a few ideas tossed around in my brain about how to achieve this, but nothing promising.

Finally I came across the Ribba frame while roaming around the IKEA in Philadelphia with my sister last week.  On Mother's Day while Mabry napped I sorted through photos picking out some of my favorites from the last few years.
IMG_6782

Using Photoshop I changed all of the photos to have the same appearance coloring.  Batch editing made this the easiest part of the whole project.
IMG_6773

The frame was 50cmx50cm.  So I knew 4 inch squares would work perfectly.  The least amount of math that I have to do the better.  Ha!  Some of the photos were easy to cut down.  One slice and they were done.
IMG_6776

Others took a little trimming from both sides to include the part of the photo I wanted to.  I highly recommend the Cricut paper cutter from Michaels.  Especially if you can pick it up with a 40% off coupon.  It has come in handy for several different projects.
IMG_6780

Here is my finished project:
IMG_6783

A close up of the mosaic:
IMG_6787

Between this and the pallet shelf the hallway has become one of my favorite parts of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover