02 May 2011

oreo bride and groom cookies

For one of my sister's bridal showers this past weekend I was in charge of favors.  As part of the favors I really wanted to make a treat for everyone to take home.  Months back I had the brilliant idea to try my hand at cake pops.  I bought the book, visited a speciality store with my Mom and then made a practice batch.

I am apparently a terrible cake pop maker.  However if you want me to make you a dozen cake blobs or cake lumps I am your girl.

This epic fail didn't deter me from my goal of creating bride and groom treats for everyone.  It just meant I had to get creative in my thinking.

Turns out that fudge dipped Oreos met my criteria of being both round and already covered in chocolate.  All I had to do was decorate.

First I gathered all of my ingredients:
IMG_5920

I have found that the little fondue pots you can pick up for $20 or less are great for melting chocolate and keeping it warm for you to dip things into.  Much better than a double boiler or the microwave.

So I put some almond bark in the fondue pot and went about setting up everything else while it melted.
IMG_5922

Let me tell you sorting through tiny little heart sprinkles for a specific color doesn't take nearly as long as you might think.
IMG_5925
IMG_5930

Once the chocolate was melted it was time to get to work.  First on the brides and then after tinting the chocolate - the grooms.
IMG_5938

The hardest part was trying not to go cross-eyed or crazy putting individual sprinkles onto the cookies with the tiniest amount of melted chocolate possible, especially the bride's necklace.
IMG_5958
IMG_5962

They ended up far from perfect but cute nonetheless.  Yummy too!
Ready to go copy

2 comments:

  1. Jess,
    Those are so cute. Great job! Way to be creative :) Also maybe mom thought to bring me one home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super cute! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover