26 July 2011

random hawaii

I promise we are almost done with all the Hawaii photos and stories.  Today is just a mash up of the last  random photos that I wanted to share. 

On my last full day in Hawaii Dan took me boogie boarding.  It didn't go as well as he hoped because the waves weren't nearly as big as they needed to be.  It was still a lot of fun and it was a really pretty beach we went to. 
Dan boogie boarding
Our fourth was spent watching fireworks on Pearl Harbor.  We also caught a free Plain White T's concert.  It was really awesome to see the fireworks lighting up behind the battleship.  I just wish that we hadn't been directly across from a garage that had its lights on the entire time and that I hadn't forgotten my tripod and remote trigger.  Everything I shot had to be handheld. 
Fireworks over the battleship at Pearl Harbor
Dan about to enjoy some of the best burgers on the entire island. 
Dan eating at Kua Aina
We went to Pali lookout and took in some incredible views.  We also got to experience the crazy wind.  We met a man there that said when his granddaughters come to visit he takes them to do all kinds of things and spends lots of money but they always say being blown around at Pali is the highlight of their trip. 
Me at Pali Lookout
View from Pali Lookout
Dan and I are huge fans of Hawaii 5-0.  So of course we had to make sure we stopped at some of the places that they film.  Pali Lookout and Kualoa Ranch were two of the places as well as the governor's mansion and the King Kamehameha statue. 
Govenor Mansion
Dan at the King Kamehameha Statue
King Kamehameha Statue
Pineapple growing just outside of North Shore:
Pineapple growing in the ground
A sea turtle on Laniakea beach in North Shore:
Turtle at Laniakea Beach
Waikiki at night:
Waikiki at Night
To round out the random I give you the penguins at the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki:
Penguins at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
Who would have thought we would get to see penguins in Hawaii of all places?

Tomorrow I will wrap up Hawaii and start moving on to other things.  Anyone else missing photos of Mabes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover