28 August 2011

the hurricane has made me a rambling fool

IMG_2920
Irene swept through the state this weekend.  We ended up with the tiniest bit of rain and some heavier than normal winds.  In all honesty, the worst thing that happened to Mabry and I was the majority of the local stations were wall-to-wall hurricane coverage for 24-hours preempting all of our usual TV shows.  If that isn't a first world problem I don't know what is.
IMG_2903 
At least the hurricane gives me a good excuse to post all the photos I took of Mabry playing in the rain up in PA two days before my sister's wedding.  (Which by the way I still plan to blog about it, I just need to find the time to edit the photos I took.)
IMG_2911
My knee is doing about the same.  I woke up Sunday morning barely able to move it.  This is probably a direct result of doing a whole bunch sans brace on Friday night and Saturday.  That and just walking around as best I could as though it was 100% healed.  I have no one to blame but myself.  Thankfully, I learned my lesson and plan to wear the brace and be a little more careful.
IMG_2904
This is shaping up to be a busy week.  I have a big announcement to make towards the end of the week and have a few things left to do to get ready for the big day.  So be looking for that.  Also the little miss is going to be four-years-old next week.  I'm still in disbelief that I am about to have a non-baby/non-toddler for a child.  Crazy craziness.  The upcoming birthday means I am in crazy Mama mode trying to put together finishing touches on some birthday gifts and other little surprises I have in store for her that day.
IMG_2936 copy
Side Note: Speaking of September 6th (Mabry's birthday)(as if this post couldn't be more random) is anyone else as excited as I am about the new season of Sons of Anarchy starting back up?  Love me some Jax Teller!


Anyhow.

I looked at the calendar this weekend and added up just how much longer Dan is slated to be gone.  I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.  This has seriously got to be the longest deployment ever.  I'm a fairly independent person and even though it sucked when he was gone in the past I did OK.  Yes, I missed him.  Of course I worried myself sick about him and hated always going to things by myself.  The thing is I have come to realize that single parenthood sucks the life right out of you.  Thus, longest deployment ever.  Not to mention Mabry has started asking some very hard questions about Dan being gone.  Sigh.
IMG_2964 copy
I don't want to end on such a bummer.  So how about a video of the girlie laughing as she made rain angels?
I hope you all had a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover