19 October 2011

happy belated birthday

The next couple of days are going to be finally playing catch up.  It only took me almost a month of saying I was going to sort through the 2000 photos I have been throwing into a folder on my desktop all summer to actually get (most) of it done.

My parents and sister came to visit us at the very beginning of September to help celebrate Mabry's fourth birthday.  We spent a whole day at the zoo and then came home and threw her a little party.

Complete with chocolate chip cookie cake...
4th Birthday Party with Family #2

presents and...
4th Birthday Party with Family #5
4th Birthday Party with Family #9

an audience. Which so happens to be one of Mabry's favorite things in the world.  
4th Birthday Party with Family #6

Please don't judge her crown.  I wanted to make her something special for her fourth birthday.  Turns out felt flowers aren't really my thing.

One present was too large to wrap, so she had to close her eyes and wait.  You can almost feel her excitement.
4th Birthday Party with Family #10

My parents bought her an easel.  Mabry immediately channeled her inner artist (Aunt Leah would be so proud) and got right to work.
4th Birthday Party with Family #13

One side is a marker board.  This would be a picture she drew of me.  I was told to stand right next to the easel while she worked.  We were all impressed with the way she drew the nose.  
4th Birthday Party with Family #12

The other side of the easel is a chalkboard.  Perfect for practicing writing the alphabet and words.  Something we have done almost daily since her party.
4th Birthday Party with Family #11

Tomorrow our trip to the zoo that I mentioned earlier in the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover