24 November 2011

snow globes

Every Christmas I try to come up with a small gift to give some of our close friends.  A lot of times I try to make at least part of the gift.  One year I embroidered kitchen towels.  Another year I made infinity scarves.  This year I took inspiration from creative mama and made snow globes that had a Starbucks gift card inside.
IMG_1645
This was an easy and fun project.  The biggest obstacle was that I decided to spray paint the lids of the jars and for whatever reason the paint didn't really want to stick in some places.  Luckily it was on the flat part of the lid and I was able to cover it up with a little Christmas scrapbook paper I had in my stash.  I think we averaged about five minutes a snow globe for assembly.
IMG_1647
The only thing I would have changed was picking out a gift card that stood out a little more.  Maybe something in a red?
IMG_1649
I also would have used a little more hot glue on the nutcracker and gift card as they both came loose from the bottom of the globes if shook hard enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover