20 December 2011

a little of this and a little of that

Tonight Fred found his Ginger in the form of one dressed up Cinderella.  I did take the photo in color but then transformed it to black and white because it just felt like something out of the 1930s.  I like that she is slightly taller than him and that his hands are resting almost a little too low.  OK maybe this makes me think more of a high school prom date gone wrong.  Ha!
Fred Day 20 12.20.2011
There isn't much else going on around here.  Unless you count the never ending cleaning.  I feel like between Dan, Mabes and Koa I am fighting a never ending battle.  We have all spent the last nine months in different routines and now to meld them altogether is proving to be a bit of a challenge.  I have faith that we will get there.

This past Tuesday was our eighth wedding anniversary.  We had a low key dinner and so much needed quiet time.  A big thanks to my friend, Jessie, who made that happen by watching Mabes for a little while.  Also a big thank you to Dan's parents who sent us some beautiful flowers to celebrate the day:
Flowers from our Oakes Folks for our anniversary 12.14.2011

Koa has been doing pretty good lately.  I am almost hesitant to publish that last sentence.  It seems that any time I praise what a great job he is doing to someone I turn around and he is doing something terrible.  Probably the biggest complaint I have now, which we are working on, is his need to chew on things that aren't his toys.  This list would include, pot holders, dish towels, blankets, throw pillows, slippers and stuffed toys.  I did take a friend's advice and we are starting to bell train him with regards to going outside to do his business.  I am happy to report it seems to be working!

My knee is doing great.  Those who follow me on Facebook saw that I ran a 12:37 mile the other day at the gym.  I still have the stitches in and they are driving me crazy.  I cannot wait to have the doctor take them out.  My sister told me a story about how after her knee surgery there was one stitch that skin started to heal over.  I am a little paranoid about that happening to me so I keep pulling on them and the skin trying to make sure it doesn't happen.

For one last random moment I thought I would share this link to the Year in Photos I stumbled across.  Photo 31 was taken roughly 35 miles from where we live.  Also, #41 makes me laugh.  Don't forget to click the links to Parts 2 and 3 at the very bottom.  Some of the photos will take your breath away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover