02 December 2011

silly fred and stuffy ninjas

Yesterday morning I half woke up expecting to hear Mabes up and moving. It was blissfully quiet. Wanting to jump on the opportunity to get some extra sleep I started to pull the covers over my head and roll over.

As I turned I caught sight of this:
Ninja Mabes

Apparently I gave birth to a ninja. That girl made not one sound coming into my room and in the process almost gave me a heart attack. The most amazing part about the whole ninja situation was her nose was incredibly stuffed up and almost as soon as we made eye contact she started wheezing.

The problem with Mabes having a cold is she refuses to let me use the electric nose aspirator on her. She thinks she is a big girl and therefore should be allowed to literally blow through an entire box of Kleenex in an afternoon. She sort of does this half nose blow thing and really the bottom line is that she needs me to use the aspirator.

Only she hates it. So, fun for me!

Before she could protest I got out of bed and grabbed the aspirator. As soon as I walked into the room and pressed the button on the thing she smiled and said, "Ah, music to my ears!" What a weirdo.

It was about this time that it dawned on her that today might be the day Fred (our elf on a shelf) may have shown up. Which meant any chance of going back to sleep was completely gone at this point.

When we walked out to the kitchen to see we found his book sitting on the dining room table. So we sat on the couch and read it and then started our elf hunt to find Fred's hiding place.

This year Fred isn't just hiding, however, he is also playing some tricks. Here he is hiding in the fridge having turned our milk green.
Fred Day 1

When we finally discovered him Mabes started uncontrollably laughing. She thought the green milk was the funniest thing in the world and proceeded to talk about it all day.

Well played, Fred.

Currently Fred is hanging out in her bathroom. Ready to take a shower:
Fred Day 2

Again this morning when Mabes found him it was hysterical laughter.  "Can you believe he is wearing a towel, Mama!!"

I can't wait to see what the little guy will do next.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! We did the green milk today and Katy and Vail just can't figure out how he did it. So excited for you today! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Almost bought Fred for the twins myself, but couldn't cough up the $30.00...now maybe I will :)

    OMG. A nasal vacuum! Brilliant! I want one!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover