16 January 2012

tag!

Aubrey over at Those Darn Eckersons tagged me in this fun post.  What perfect timing, since I would rather being spending time playing on the computer than unpacking from Florida.  Not to mention some of you are new to this blog and it might be fun for you to get to know me a little better.  

First Things First, The Rules:

  • You must post the rules.
  • Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
  • Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
  • Tag eleven people and link them on your post
  • Let them know you've tagged them!

Eleven Fun Facts About Me:
  1. I collect quotes.  I have kept a journal of quotes since high school, now I mainly collect them on a board on Pinterest.
  2. I recently had knee surgery and the two scars both look like the letter "I."  I like to tell my husband I have a set of eyes on my knee cap just like Ozzy Osbourne.  
  3. My nose is flat on the end.  The only other person who has a profile like this that I have seen is Bruce WIllis.  
  4. My sister and I are CONSTANTLY asked if we are twins.  When we were younger it would really make us mad because we weren't exactly the best of friends growing up, making it a big insult.  However, now we like to tell people that ask we are, in fact, twins born 937 days apart.  Yes, we did the math.
  5. I can read books or magazines while taking a shower.  My shower is the only quiet time I get most days and I have learned to make the most of it.
  6. I am forever getting songs stuck in my head.  Instead of letting it drive me crazy I usually turn it into my soundtrack for the day and find myself humming and singing along with my internal radio.  Many times I do this loudly and in public without thinking.
  7. I have lived in seven different states.  I feel most at home in the south or near large bodies of water.  
  8. I love to rearrange the furniture.  When I was younger I switched my room around all the time and when that got boring I would bug my sisters to trade rooms with me.  The house we live in now doesn't allow for different furniture arrangements and sometimes (like today) it drives me nuts.  Instead I tend to rearrange the cupboards driving Dan nuts.
  9. I don't like to be talked to when I first wake up.  Usually I need about five minutes of silence and just laying there.  Otherwise it sets the whole day off wrong.  Sometimes I play dead in my bed when I hear Mabes coming to get those 5 minutes.  Luckily in the last few weeks she has started to be good about climbing into bed and quietly snuggling or going into her playroom and keeping herself entertained.
  10. I have the tattoo 17:36 on my wrist.  Most people assume it has to do with a Bible verse.  Actually it is the time Mabes was born.  
  11. I make up voices and personas to entertain my daughter.  Sometimes she even requests a specific person give her a bath, brush her hair or make her lunch.

Aubrey's Questions For Me:

  • What's your favorite color?  Purple in any shade, but especially dark.
  • What's your favorite thing about your husband / significant other?  His patience.  I have virtually none and he balances me out well.
  • Do you have / want children? How many?  We have one little girl who is amazing.  Hoping someday (maybe this is our year!!) to have another one.
  • What would you choose as your last meal? A big Mexican feast.  I can't get enough of any and all Mexican food.  
  • What's your favorite bible verse, if you read the bible?  Hebrews 13:2
  • Where is one place you'd like to visit before you die?  London.  Or Ireland.  I honestly can't decide and would probably end up visiting both since they are so close together.  Of course I would also really like to visit Australia and Italy before I die too.  So hard to pick just one place!
  • Which room of your house is your favorite and why? The kitchen/dining room.  Mabes has decided she wants to be a baker and even named her future bakery.  We spend lots of time in the kitchen baking and learning and hanging out.
  • What's your favorite day of the week and why?  Thursdays.  We almost always have nothing going on so we can just spend the evening relaxing.  It is nice to know that the weekend is almost here and it helps that there are great TV shows on that night.
  • Which store can you never go in without buying something? Both IKEA and World Market.
  • What is your favorite physical quality about yourself? Emotional quality? Physically I would say that I am ok with being short.  Emotionally I like that I am fiercely loyal.
  • If you could be any animal, what would you choose? This was the toughest question.  I guess I would have to say that if I had to be an animal I would like to be one of my parents' dogs.  They get to eat people food, they lay around all day, the TV is even turned to their channels when my parents leave the house, they get comfy beds, really they live like kings.  I could handle having a life with that kind of pampering.

  • Who's Next?

    My Questions For You:
    1. What is the quirkiest thing about yourself?
    2. What was the last movie that made you laugh out loud?  What one made you cry?
    3. What is your favorite book?
    4. If you could spend a day with someone (living or dead) who would it be and what would you talk about?
    5. What word do you use most often?
    6. Where is one thing on your bucket list to see or do?
    7. What one possession would you save if your house was on fire?
    8. Would you be willing to eat a bowl of live crickets for $40,000?  If no, what would you be willing to eat for $40,000?
    9. What is your favorite church hymn?
    10. Which toe is longer on your feet the big toe or the pointer toe next to it?  
    11. What was your best subject in high school and why?
    Note: I tried to add photos, but blogger is not acting very friendly at the moment.  I will update if I am able to later on.

    1 comment:

    1. Thanks for the tag! We're snowed in this week so hopefully I will have some free time :)

      ReplyDelete

    Pin It button on image hover