27 February 2012

a monday morning list

Happy Monday morning!  Since today is all about getting my house back in order after fighting off sickness and doing little else all last week I thought I would also work on a little housekeeping here as well.  I have a few observations/comments/ramblings that don't really warrant posts on their own and thought I would get them out of the way first thing this week.

1.  Does anyone else have an iPad and hate using it to write blog posts?  There are some evenings when all I want to do is curl up on the couch and watch TV while I type.  Except blogger on the iPad is annoyingly not user friendly.  Do any of you out there have a suggestion or an app that makes things easier than going directly to the blogger.com site through Safari?

2.  The Hunger Games.  This is a trilogy that I have recommended to several friends and family members over the course of the last six months.  The silly thing is while I have recommended it to people, I, myself, have never read them.  Last Wednesday I was having a hard time falling asleep and figured that I'd start the first book because why not.  Cut to the wee hours of Thursday morning and I was almost half way done.  I could not put it down.  Book one led to book two which led to the last one.  Poor Mabes and Dan have been left to basically fend for themselves all weekend because I just could not tear myself away.  Tweens can have their Bella and Edward love story (GAG), I'd take Katniss and Peeta anytime.

3.  This week is an especially busy one.  The bad news is I might not be on here much in the coming days.  The good news is I am going to have a whole bunch next week to tell you about.  I cannot wait!!

4.  Yesterday after church I made Dan and Mabes go take family photos with me.  These are two of my favorite photos:
Dan and Mabes
Like Dan's squint?  Even though the weather was cold the sun was inescapable.
Mama and Mabes

6.  Because I don't like to end on an odd number, anyone have plans or traditions for Leap Day?  If so can you tell me about it in the comments?  I was thinking it would be fun to try and do something with Mabes this year but all that Google likes to tell me is that girls can propose to guys on February 29th so I need some help.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new dress and no...I don't know anything fun for Leap Year and NO Mabry is not proposing to any guy. LOL Sorry Mabes...you'll have to go through about 6 more Leap Years at least. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover