20 February 2012

the voice

Sorry for the absence.  I have been battling what was first thought to be a sinus infection or seasonal allergies for about two weeks now.  At the end of last week things started to get much worse.  As in I could barely get myself up off the couch I was so miserable.  Another trip to the doctor and they now think that I had strep.  The meds that they gave me seemed to have cleared up a lot of the symptoms.  Unfortunately my throat is still very swollen and sore and my voice is mostly a whisper.  When I do try to talk any louder I sound a lot like Kathleen Turner as Chandler's Dad in Friends and then pay for it with rounds of coughing and pain.  Needless to say I have tried to talk as little as possible.

Mabes has made it her mission to fill every second of silence:
Filling the silence
Hoping tomorrow is much better than this weekend was.

2 comments:

  1. LMAO! I am not by any means laughing at your misery, but her expressions in those photos are hysterical. I am hoping you feel much much better soon!

    Mabry and Natalie are a pair made in heaven. Natalie even talks in her sleep. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is with Mabry's eyes in that bottom photo? Sorry you're not feeling well...hope you feel better soon.

    Love ya,
    your mom xo

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover