08 March 2012

the photo booth

The week before my birthday Craigslist provided me with a miracle in the form of an old school overhead projector for $20.  Internets, you have no idea how long I have wanted one of these bad boys and just how hard they are to find.  I can't even begin to tell you about the list of projects that I have rolling around in my brain just waiting to be brought to life by the projector.

This post isn't about those projects.  It is about the photo booth at the party.  The projector just made it much, much easier to put together my backdrop.  I found a silhouette of Peter, Wendy, John, Michael and Tinkerbell flying towards the second star on the right and combined that with another image of Big Ben in Photoshop.  Next, I traced the outlines of the images onto a page protector since I didn't have any transparencies on hand.  From there it was really easy to project and trace my image onto a roll of brown wrapping paper and then color it in with a black crayon.

A few days ago I shared a family photo taken in the photo booth.  Here are some of my other favorites.  I love how some people really got into it.  I wish I had thought to encourage the photo booth more, there were some guests who didn't take their picture.  Next time I will be sure to because I think the photo booth is also going to become a party staple.
Photo Booth #1
Photo Booth #2
Photo Booth #3
My favorite photo of all:
Photo Booth #4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover