20 April 2012

a little of this and very little of that

Easter 2012

This photo has nothing to do with the rest of this post.  I realized that I didn't post any photos of our Atlanta trip for Easter this year and this is my favorite one out of the whole batch.  It makes me laugh every time I look at it.  Mabes was not in the mood to be photographed, in case you can't tell.  She wanted to collect her eggs and be left alone; not turn and smile at Mama.

Anyhow, I try not to post without at least one photo because posts with no photos are L.A.M.E. and I already did that once this week.  

The month of April is totally kicking my butt.  I was looking at the calendar and counted seven days in the entire month where I didn't have something going on.  Seven.  Needless to say, I am ready for May to hurry up and get here.  Mama needs a break.  

Today I thought I would do a little updating on the happenings around here.

I think that Dan and I are going to paint the playroom the same Natural Choice that I did the living room and hallway in.  I loved all of the suggestions people left in the comments.  Several people suggested we go with a grey.  The only problem with that is both of the other bedrooms are varying shades of grey already.  I figured that Natural Choice would be a good neutral palette to work with.

The eggs in the fern have hatched.  At first Dan thought that the babies had all flown the nest and that all that was left were tiny bits of feathers.  Upon closer inspection he realized that there were five teeny tiny birds all cuddled up in the nest.  I hopped up on the porch rail and snapped a photo with my phone, which I just realized is dead.  So I will update with that photo later.

I thought I had more to talk about today, but it seems I can't think of a single other to type.  My brain is mush and it is time to get lunch on the table and start doing a little cleaning out this afternoon before t-ball practice.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover