24 July 2012

a whole lot of rambling and not much else

It has been a few days since I last posted.  Not much has been going on around here and my motivation seems to be at an all time low.  In other words coming up with something to blog about is almost next to impossible for me at the moment.  However, I don't want to get out of the habit of getting on here, so today I am just going to type out whatever is on my mind and hope it works.

Mabes has currently put herself down for a nap.  She has been doing this a lot lately and I am so glad.  She is much nicer to deal with in the evenings and since it is her decision to go to sleep every afternoon there is no fight.  Even if her naps only last about an hour it has made a world of difference.

We joined the summer reading program at the library about three weeks ago.  We have already almost reached our goal of reading 50 books by the end of the summer.  I'm thinking we may end up doubling the goal and also adding in a few chapter books.  Anyone have some suggestions on some must reads we should check out?  Mabes loves just about everything.

Now that we know we are welcoming another little girlie into the family, I have finally taken the time to start sorting through and organizing some of the baby clothes that have been in storage.  It was a large task and it took me several days to get through, but it is finally done.  I was surprised to find that even though both girls will be born in colder months, things don't quite match up for size and style.  I talked to Gloria about it and she said that she had the same problem with her two girls (born just a few days apart) because one was born in Washington State (like Mabes) and one was born down in the south.  Seasons are hotter longer here than they were up there.  I'm not sweating it too much right now. I figure it will all work out eventually.

Baby Burrito has made it to 18 weeks.  I notice a definite baby bump.  Except I also notice what I feel like are lots and lots of visible extra pounds.  (In reality I don't think that the extra pounds are really all that much or all that noticeable.  I'm sure that most of this is in my head.)  I feel like when people look at me they have to wonder, is she overweight or is she pregnant?  I spend a lot of time rubbing my belly out in public so that people will hopefully take the queue that I am very much pregnant.  I know I shouldn't be worried about stuff like this, but I can't seem to help it.  It doesn't help that I am in some weird stage where my clothing doesn't fit me because it is too small and the maternity stuff I have is too big.  I spend a lot of time crying because I feel so poorly.  This is also why I have yet to start taking weekly photos of the growing belly.  That and I'm not sure how I want to document the belly week by week.  Part of me wants to find a cute dress and where the same thing each week to really show the change.  Part of me wants to play dress up in silly outfits each week because it is fun, gets my creative juices flowing and why not?

So far having my desk downstairs in our bedroom has worked out really well.  I need to finish moving the rest of the stuff downstairs, maybe I will work on that after I finish this.  I am going to have to rearrange a few things on the walls.  Maybe that will finally get me motivated to paint the walls in here?  I have the paint color picked out, I just need to actually do it.

Sorry this has been anything but interesting.  Maybe tomorrow I will have come up with something a little better to write about.  I was thinking about taking Mabes to do a little photo shoot this evening just because.  If I do then I will at least have some fun photos to post tomorrow.  It is all about finding the motivation.

Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover