12 July 2012

dear burrito, week 16

Dear Baby Burrito,

We've made it to week 16, Little One, and it is shaping up to be a pretty big week for us.  First of all I finally got the approval to see an OB doctor and not just a family practitioner.  Not only that, but it is the OB doctor I have been fighting to be able to be seen.  Which means you are going to be born in the hospital Daddy and I really wanted to be able to go to.  To say it was a fight would be an understatement.  There were lots of tears, lots of phone calls over the last few weeks and finally some face-to-face arguing with various medical professionals and administrators to make it happen.  As much as it sucks sometimes a person has to fight for what they know is right.

You have no idea how relieved I am about all of this.  I feel like for the first time since I found out about you I can breathe and maybe I won't have to be so scared about your delivery.  Or at least I can save the anxiety until the night before you are born, like a normal person.  

Daddy, Mabes and I went last week to get an ultrasound done of you.  We had also hoped to maybe find out if you are a boy or a girl.  You had other plans.  You kept your little legs locked together and buried yourself as far down as you could.  No amount of poking, prodding, walking around, twists, lunges, toe touches, sugary food, cold drinks, etc. would make you move.  I think a certain amount of stubborn in a person is good.  You need it.  However, if you could tone it down a bit I think Daddy and I would both appreciate it.  

Even though we still don't know exactly what you are, we did get to see that cute little profile. 
Burrito Ultrasound 7.6.2012

While doing the ultrasound the tech switched the screen over to 3D for a second.  I knew from various things I had read you would look a little odd at this stage in 3D.  Usually babies look more normal towards the very end of the pregnancy in 3D.  This makes sense seeing as you are barely 4.5 inches long and maybe 3.5 ounces.  Your sister thinks you look like you are made out of Play-Doh.  
Burrito 3D image 7.6.2012 #1
Personally I think you kind of look like Thing from Fantastic Four.  I mean just compare theses two pictures:
Burrito 3D image 7.6.2012 #2
Yep, right now you are totally a Thing.  A stubborn little thing...but we still love you.

I can feel a pronounced baby bump now.  Only it is concealed by that pesky ten pounds I just can't seem to lose.  Which means I still could be mistaken for overweight more so than pregnant.  I am dragging us to the gym every morning to workout and to Zumba class on Fridays.  I'm sure it is only going to be a matter of time before we really see the pronounced bump that is you.

Last night after your sister woke up and started yelling for me.  When I walked into her room she said that she didn't really need me, but she wanted to cuddle with "[her] Baby Burrito."  So I laid in bed next to her while she hugged my middle.  Between you and me, I think your sister kind of likes you.

I feel you bounce around in my belly a lot these days.  I joke that it feels like you are recreating the Ben Stiller scene from the very end of Meet the Parents.  Weirdo.  Daddy and Mabes are both so excited to be able to feel you move.  I keep telling them just a few more weeks.

Waiting can be so tough.

Love you,
Mama


1 comment:

  1. Relieved to hear you were able to get into the OB you wanted. Prayers were answered.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover