10 July 2012

rambles

It has been over a week since I last posted.  I guess that maybe I shouldn't brag about posting for a full five days in a row.  It just seems this pregnancy is totally kicking my butt.  

Except really it is more than that.  

Before Mabes came along if there was something I knew I had to do I just did it.  I was that weird student who would get the syllabus on the first day of the semester in college and would attempt to complete as many assignments and papers as I could by the end of the first week.  I didn't (and still don't) like to waste time.  The house was cleaned on schedule and I was nothing short of efficient and liked it that way.  

Somehow things started to back slide after we had Mabes and especially once we moved back to the east coast.  My time management skills are all screwed up.  I also think that I have gotten into a nasty habit of biting off way more than I can chew most of the time.  Often I find myself telling people that I operate in two modes: totally stressed out and dead.  Of course being sick for weeks on end with this little Burrito hasn't helped matters.  

Thankfully I have started to feel much better.  The majority of the sick to my stomach feeling has gone away and I have figured out most of my migraine triggers and try to avoid them as much as I possibly can.  I have also figured out that while I am not a morning person, so much more gets accomplished in a day if I wake up and get out bed, get dressed and get moving between 7-8am.  I'll be glad I am getting into this habit come fall when Mabes starts school.

Another change has been the location of my computer.  I was so stressed out having to share an office space with Dan.  When I am writing or editing photos or whatever it is I am doing at the computer I need to be in a certain head space.  Listening to him play video games or watch TV or videos online was nerve racking.  Plus I felt like if he (or Mabes) was in the room I couldn't just tune everything out and concentrate on the task at hand.  So I now occupy a small corner of our bedroom and so far it seems to be working.  Worst case scenario I move back upstairs to the big office.  Or maybe in the closet.  Or the shed.  Ha!

Nothing much has been going on around here lately.  Just lots of errand running, photo shoots and working out at the gym.  I am really stressing myself out about gaining weight with this pregnancy.  I think the fact that I had ten pounds I already wanted to lose to deal with when I got pregnant was part of the problem.  Then I keep thinking about how the gym I belong to won't let me put the baby in daycare until he/she is 6 months old.  Six months is a long time to go without working out.  I don't want to diet while pregnant.  However, I do think that I can change some of my eating habits (I've picked up a few books and cookbooks to help with this) and continue to workout five days a week.  Maybe it will pay off.  I guess we will find out in December.  

Dan has been going to physical therapy for his back/shoulder for several weeks now.  Not much has changed.  Some days he feels great and other days he just can't get comfortable.  I tease him about his "boo-boo" but really I just hope it gets better.  We are too young to be falling apart.  

Mabes is going through a stage where she is quite the handful.  Lots of trying to get the last word in, trying to be manipulative, talking too much in general, refusing to give in to authority (she has her Mama's genes and I will pay for it every day until she grows up).  She has her good moments though and I try to focus on them as much as I can.  I plan to do a post later this week that is all about Mabes and the silly things she has been doing/saying lately.

I have a Burrito letter that I have started working on that will probably post tomorrow.  We have made it to 16 weeks and I can feel that kiddo moving constantly, which is a good sign that all is well.  

771 words seems like a good place to stop rambling and start thinking about going to bed.  At this point 7am is not very far off.  See you all tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover