09 August 2012

sharing stories from the week

I have to make a confession.

I spent the last twenty minutes watching the first episode of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo online.  That is twenty minutes of my life I will never get back.  Horrifying doesn't even begin to describe what I witnessed.  Honestly I don't know what was the worst part of the whole thing.  Maybe it was watching the food they consumed while the mother talked about how she was teaching her children about taking care of themselves.  (Really...chesseballs for breakfast...really?!)  I'm sure some of it had to do with the terrible grammar and made up words.  Possibly the number of bodily functions that happened on camera and the total lack of hand washing is what put it over the edge.  Has anyone else watched this show?  Please do yourself a favor, don't.

Anyhow, now that I have gotten that out of my system on to the post I had already started for today.

Things aren't all that exciting around here right now.  Basically it is a lot of relaxing and spending time as a family and counting down until the start of dance and school with a few photo shoots mixed in for good measure.

I have managed to take a few photos and thought I would share a couple of cute stories about Mabes.

A few weekends ago after a particularly hard rain, we went outside and Mabes discovered some worms laying on the sidewalk leading to the front porch.  She wanted to know why they were there and not in the grass and became increasingly alarmed that something bad might happen to them.  Without any prompting from myself or Dan she started picking them up and carefully laying them in the middle of the yard.  She was attempting to save them all.  Well, all but the one she found cut in half.  She even posed for a picture holding one of her new friends.
"Worms are my friends" spending the morning throwing worms into the grass to save them 7.28.2012
I couldn't resist sending a copy of the picture to my sister who hates worms with a fiery passion usually reserved for things like people who cut you off in bumper-to-bumper traffic and kids who kick puppies.

Before going to the ultrasound for Burrito at the beginning of the week Mabes and I had a lunch date at Panera.  She loves their cheddar broccoli soup; or as she calls it her "best soup."  Also along for our date were "the twins."  The twins consist of whatever combination of princess dolls Mabes currently wants to tote everywhere she goes.  She came up with the nicknames "the twins" all on her own and is rather proud of it.
Panera lunch date with Mama with the "twins" 8.6.2012

Monday afternoon during quiet time Mabes came to me and asked if it would be OK for her to play with her art supplies.  She told me she wanted to throw a surprise party for her Daddy when he came home from work.  I asked her what the occasion was and she responded, "I just want to show him how special he is."

That girl has the biggest heart.
Party for Daddy 3
Party for Daddy 4
(You can tell from the Hawaii picture, she isn't a huge fan of coloring actual coloring pages. She still wanted to make this for Dan because she knows how much he likes Hawaii.)
Party for Daddy 2
All afternoon she worked on coloring and cutting out her decorations.  Then she had me keep him busy in the office while she hung everything up.  After that she called him downstairs and presented him with a party.  Complete with decorations, a made up song about how much she loves him and how much he loves the rest of the family, a ballet dance and a round of Old Maid.
Party for Daddy 5
 
Lastly, Mabes has been spending a lot of time drawing pictures of her family.  I seriously can't get enough of the pictures and have practically wallpapered the kitchen with them.  Most of the time she draws Burrito in my belly.  However, this one I discovered drawn on the easel has her baby sister out with the rest of us.  Also, I love that Mabes gives herself wild and curly hair and always straightens mine.
Party for Daddy 8.6.12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover