18 September 2012

dear burrito, week 26

Dear Burrito in My Belly,

26 weeks!  When Daddy and I look back at the last 23-24 weeks when we first found out about you it seems like time has just flown by.  I can't believe it is already the middle of September and that we have made it to the third trimester.  Of course then I look ahead at the weeks we still have left and I am fairly certain that time is somehow slowing down.  December seems as if it will never get here.  How is that possible?

There is no denying that I am pregnant.  The belly is very much there and seems to grow on a daily basis.  Speaking of the belly, I really dropped the ball on taking photos of myself week by week.  Honestly I think that we have maybe taken a total of three?  I really need to work on that.

I feel you move constantly.  Your favorite times to be awake and dancing away are in the evenings and in the early morning.  I realized the other night that the pregnancy app on my phone had a kick count tool.  It said that the goal was to have you move/kick at least 10 times in a two hour span.  Even though we probably have a few more weeks before I need to start doing the counts, I thought I would try it out.  You kicked 10 times in 16 minutes.  Actually, that isn't entirely true.  You kicked probably closer to 14-15 times in 16 minutes.  I was crocheting and didn't always have a chance to hit the button before you would rest for a second and then start back up.

Every day when I drop your sister off at preschool she insists that she not only give me a hug and a kiss, but she also squeezes my belly and gives you a kiss and tells you she loves you.  We do the same thing at night before bed.  You can supposedly hear all of our voices now.  Which means you are probably very familiar with the phrase, "What is my sister doing right now?" I'm sure if Mabes asks once a day she asks a dozen times.  She likes to press my belly to try and wake you up.  You usually do and respond with a hard kick of indignation for having been bothered.  Of course she loves this and laughs and laughs.

I'm starting to think more about your arrival.  Your sister came earlier than any of us anticipated and I wonder if you might follow in her footsteps.  Also, your Daddy's work schedule is going to be a little on the crazy side in the coming weeks.  Which means I had better get myself in gear to have a back up plan for your sister and I just in case.  I can't help it.  I'm an alpha worrier and planner.  However, if you would not pull any stunts that would be awesome!  I'd rather have a back up plan we never need to use.  Ok?

Another thing you could do for your Mama is find a way to sit so that I could take a full breath.  I'm not kidding when I say I feel like I haven't been able to take a real deep breath in over a week.  At first it was really a panicky feeling, but I am getting more used to it.  The worst is sitting in the car or in the pew at church.  I shift and shift and nothing seems to ease the uncomfortableness.  Sometimes I even find myself getting a little light headed.  It isn't as bad at home because I can lay on my side if I need to.  Maybe the preacher will forgive me if I just lay across the back pew on Sundays.  Of course I don't think I can lay on my side and drive the car....so we will have to work on that.

Can I just say how excited I am for you!  Lots of friends are having babies right now and each time I see photos or get to hold one of the sweet little ones I am overwhelmed that soon you will be here.  It is times like that I feel like my heart is going to explode in anticipation.

We love you so much and will see you soon (just not too soon!).

Love,
Mama



2 comments:

  1. i had the shortness of breath :( it is so scary and uncomfortable and doesn't get any better (or at least mine didn't) until she's here. but SOON! so soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover