09 October 2012

dear burrito, week 29

27 Weeks 4 days with Harlow blog

Dearest Burrito,

We have made it to 29 weeks.  Wow.  Looking at a calendar this morning I realized that we just have to get through this month and next and you'll be getting ready to arrive.  For the first time ever it actually feels like the time is going fast.  I hope the feeling stays.

Of course you and God might have other plans about when we see you.  I'd like you to bake as long as you can and come on schedule.  Mainly because it would work the best for me, Daddy and everyone who is on stand by to watch your sister when we go to the hospital.  However, you seem to do your own thing (just like another sassy little girl who has stolen my heart) so we will see I suppose.  

I am not sure that there is much room left in my belly for you to grow.  So far I have managed not to lose my belly button.  I don't know why but the thought of not having a belly button, even if just temporarily weirds me out.  I have also managed to avoid stretch marks.  While I feel most days like I am about to burst I can at least count those two things as a win.  Now to just make it these final weeks without that changing.  

You spend most of your time as far over on my right side as you can get, with at least part of you wedged up into my rib cage in the most uncomfortable way possible.  You also push around and have made it virtually impossible to take a full breath.  Sometimes it is much worse than others.  Honestly kiddo, I am looking forward to not feeling like I am slowly suffocating.  

I'm also really looking forward to eating a Jimmy Johns sub cold with a side of queso and chips from our favorite Mexican restaurant.  

You are still as active as ever.  You get the hiccups at least once or twice a day and it is funny to feel you when this happens.  We have discovered that you aren't a fan of being poked when you are way over on the right side and will immediately kick as soon as I put my hand there.  Mabes had a blast the other night talking to you and having you kick back in response.  It's fun having such an active baby and I am really going to miss your little kicks and movements.  

Nesting mode is in full swing.  Yesterday I got it in my head that the spice cupboard needed a total overhaul.  Which lead to me switching the two pantries all around, cleaning out all of the kitchen cupboards and drawers, reorganizing all of the holiday decorations and candles and cleaning supplies in the laundry room and taking two large garbage bags full of stuff to Goodwill.  I have a feeling that in the next week or two I will end up tackling every room and closet in the house.  

Tired is a total understatement as far as how I feel.  I could sleep anytime anywhere lately.  There have been a few times I have been in the middle of doing something and the next thing I know I am waking up from a random nap that I wasn't planning on taking.  Computer keyboards aren't exactly the most comfortable pillow.  I have also been in a lot of pain for the last few weeks.  I pretty much feel like someone took a baseball bat and smacked me hard between the legs.  This is not something I experienced with your sister.  Looking online I have a few theories as to what could be the cause.  I am looking forward to my next doctor's appointment when we can hopefully clear up the mystery and more importantly form a plan to make the pain go away.  Also another development that you have brought to the table that I didn't have with Mabes, I pee every single time I sneeze.  What the crap is that about?  

At the end of the month we have another ultrasound.  We are all looking forward to seeing you!  

I love you and can't wait to meet you (just not quite yet).  

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. The whole peeing when you sneeze thing doesn't really ever go away :) Three kids later and I can't laugh hard or sneeze or do jumping jacks or anything like that without peeing my pants...super fun but totally worth it :) Hang in there, you're almost done!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover