02 November 2012

bits and pieces

1. I have been going to bed between 9:30-10:30 almost every night this week. I am normally a night owl. As in a normal early night for me is somewhere around midnight. At first I thought maybe something was wrong with me, then I remembered that I have Burrito and that she might be a major factor in the exhaustion. I don't remember this with Mabes. Did anyone else feel like they could sleep and sleep towards the end of their pregnancy?

2.  This week I have tried so hard to get things accomplished in the afternoons during quiet time.  Mabes had tried equally as hard not to have quiet time and to provide as many distractions as she possibly could. I can prove it with these videos made while I was trying to get some editing done:


(Her instruments, in case you can't tell, are a plastic cup, two pencils and a straw that she insists is a flute.)

3.  I know that Halloween was only two days ago and that we haven't even had Thanksgiving (which is one of my very favorite holidays)...but I'm ready to decorate/bake/wrap gifts for Christmas. I am guessing once again this is a Burrito related thing because once I start doing those things her impending arrival will be upon us.  I remember being very excited for Labor Day when I was pregnant with Mabes.

4.  I wish we didn't have any Halloween candy in the house. It is a little too tempting and my willpower a little too weak.

5.  Tonight I was very bored and made a couple of videos of my belly because Burrito is now big enough that you can see her moving around. Mabes witnessed it, pointed at my belly and said, "Uh, Mama, something is in there." She has a keen eye for the obvious.  (You can see Burrito jerk in my belly around the four second mark.)

6.  I have been fighting the urge to craft/create/redo/makeover something for the last two days. I have been combing Pinterest for all kinds of ideas. It is just so hard to pick something, especially when I know that there are still things I need to finish up around here first.

7.  I can no longer reach my feet to paint my toes.  I mean I can, it just leaves me out of breath and very uncomfortable in a matter of seconds when I try. After school I told Mabes that I would paint her toes. When she took off her socks I was horrified to see how long her toe nails had grown.  They were bad.  Like starting to grow over the top of the toe bad. Worst mother in the world. Can't believe I hadn't remembered to cut them or even looked to see if they needed it in the last few weeks.

8.  Mabes was an awesome trick-or-treater this year. She was only afraid of two houses. She thanked every person who gave her candy. It was a lot of fun to see her actually excited and wanting to do it. I already have a theme picked out for our costumes next year since it seems she might actually want to trick-or-treat again.  Even if the last thing we need is candy.


I hope everyone has a great weekend.  We are planning to relax and do as little as possible.  Fingers crossed that can actually happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover