06 November 2012

dear burrito, week 33


Dear Burrito,

You have six weeks left before you get an eviction notice.  Truth be told, I don't think we are going to make it that long.  I have been experiencing a lot of Braxton Hicks with you for the last week and a half.  This is new territory for me because with Mabes I didn't have them at all.  Aside from the Braxton Hicks in my mind I also factor in that your sister, cousin, Mama and two aunts all came early, leading me to believe you will probably continue the pattern.  Except, you are a bit of a turd.  So who knows.  

Later this week we have another doctor's appointment.  I believe we will probably have one more appointment in two weeks before they bump them up to weekly visits.  Crazy to think we are already at the point of weekly visits.  Equally as crazy is telling people that you are set to arrive next month.  

Probably the biggest change in the last week (aside from the fact that my belly just keeps growing and growing and with it my belly button becomes more and more shallow) is that with every passing day I am becoming a little more anxious.  Part of it is the happy anxious of just wanting to meet you, hold you, kiss you and love on you.  Part of it is the scared out of my mind about the whole having a baby/major surgery anxious feeling.  Also, the hospital is 45 minutes away.  The thought of possibly not making it and having you on the side of the road makes me break out into a cold sweat.  Watching things like A Baby Story on TLC isn't helping matters.  I may have bookmarked a few home pregnancy You Tube videos on my phone just in case.  (Just kidding.  Seriously, you are not allowed to be born on the side of the road---so don't even think about it.  Unless you want to be the first child to be born already grounded.  For life.)

We are starting to do the last minute things that have had to wait until closer to your arrival.  Actually, we haven't done anything.  But I have started to make lists, so that counts.  Right?  When your sister came it was so unexpected we didn't even have hospital bags packed yet.  I don't want a repeat of that and so I have started a list of things to pack for each of us.  The plan is to actually have the bags ready to go in the trunk of the car in the next week or two.  Not that we want you to come that soon, actually I don't want to see you until December.  I would just rather be safe than sorry.  Daddy is also planning on installing your car seat, probably a little closer to Thanksgiving.  It will be nice to get it out of the middle of your nursery where it has been sitting for over a month because I don't know where else to put it.  I know we are still missing some of the essentials, like a stroller and high chair.  Even though neither of those things is imperative to bring you home, I would feel better knowing we had them.

It is so hard to resist the urge to decorate the house for Christmas.  I think it is some odd side effect of the whole nesting thing moms-to-be go through.  Happily, I have managed to stop myself every time I think about hauling in the Christmas tubs from the garage, or busting out a holiday CD, or even curling up on the couch to watch Die Hard (my favorite Christmas movie).  As with everything else these days, I just keep telling myself soon.

Soon.

I love you,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover