20 November 2012

dear burrito, week 35

Dear Burrito,

Week 35!!  Not much has changed since last week.   Less than a month until you will be here.  That, my little dear, is crazy to think about.
Swollen Feet
My feet are swollen every night, irregardless of how much or how little I walk around.  It is almost comical how big they get.  I'm seriously giving some thought to becoming one of those ladies who wears the huge fuzzy slippers out in public to give my feet some relief.  Lucky for you that you are still on the "inside" as your sister puts it and won't have to deal with the embarrassment of knowing fuzzy slipper lady is your Mama.  What I wouldn't give for a real foot massage.
Santa 2012
(If you look closely, you can see that I don't really have ankles and my feet are literally swelling out over the top and sides of my Toms in the Santa photo.)

Over the weekend we took you and your sister to see Santa.  I know you technically were still in the belly, but I don't think you will get to meet the jolly old elf in person this year.  You will be too new and I don't like the idea of taking you out in the holiday crowds.   You were still within inches of the big guy and you were kicking like crazy, so that counts for something.
Santa #2

Don't worry, your sister gave Santa a long list of things that you want.  Or rather things she would like on your behalf.  That girl has your back.

This year's Santa had a wonky eye.  I didn't realize Mabes even noticed it until we were walking around the mall and saw a different Santa.  She grabbed my hand and whispered, "Um, Mama...I don't know how to tell you this but either Santa got his eye fixed or that is not the same Santa."  I had to explain to her that the real Santa has to spend his time up at the North Pole supervising the elves because if they don't have someone to watch them they will just eat candy canes and not do their work.  The real Santa sends down assistants to meet all the kids and report back to him.  Your sister cracks me up.

This weekend is going to be all about eating turkey, putting up Christmas decorations and installing your car seat.  The time we have left to prepare is quickly slipping away and I'm OK with that.  Not that I am not still anxious and crying, but I am ready.  Ready to have you and ready to move on to the best part of the whole having the baby thing...cuddling you, smelling your little head, looking at your teeny tiny fingers and toes, kissing you, all of that good stuff.  I asked your sister what she is most looking forward to and she said dressing you up.  I can only imagine the color and pattern combinations she will come up with for you.  I'm sorry.  I asked Daddy the same question and he said that he is just ready to hold you.

Counting down the weeks until we get to see your little face.

Love you,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover