10 December 2012

dear burrito, weeks 37 and 38



Dear Burrito,

We reached the coveted week 37 last Tuesday.  I'm sorry I didn't document it before now.  Things were sort of crazy and I took an impromptu blogging break for the week.  Technically 37 weeks is considered full term.  It feels good to know we made it to this point.

Daddy was gone all last week and your Gamma and Gampa came to stay and keep an eye on us.  We were all holding our breath hoping you would stay put so that Daddy wouldn't miss your debut.  Thankfully, things went in our favor and you stayed put.  However, your reprieve is over.  So seriously, eviction notice kiddo...this is it.  

Also, why did I not know about this ninja shirt before now?  I wish I had owned this my whole pregnancy.  It sums up your day-to-day activities perfectly, even now.

Your sister came at 37 weeks.  Even though you have been totally different from her up to this point, I still always had it in my mind that you were going to come this week too.  We only have until midnight tonight and something tells me we are going to make it into week 38.    For your consideration, though, I would like you to know that the temperatures have been in the 70s most of the week.  Also, your big sister did grab my belly at one point and said, "SISTER COME OUT!  YOU ARE MISSING ALL THE FUN."  In other words it isn't all bad on the outside.  You may want to check it out.

The last night that Gamma and Gampa were here we did think you might be on your way.  I woke up with pretty intense contractions and I felt sick to my stomach and shaky.  We called the doctor who suggested we go ahead and come in to see what was going on.  Turns out intense contractions don't mean dilation, at least not with us.  This doesn't surprise me in the least.  I'm not going to lie, I was on the fence about if I wanted you to stay in and keep cooking or go ahead and come out.  When they said that they were sending us home I was a little disappointed.  I so badly want to see your little face.  

I have reached a point where being pregnant is no longer fun.  My arms fall asleep at the slightest elevation.  They also fall asleep whenever I am laying on my side.  Thus making sleep almost impossible.  The doctor said that I have developed carpal tunnel in my one hand.  This has proven to be an annoyance when it comes to things like straightening my hair, driving a car, writing, holding your sister or Dada's hands, etc.  My feet have also continued to swell to sizes I didn't know possible.  Eating has become a terrible chore because it only take a few bites to make me feel like I pigged out at an all you can eat buffet and then 15 minutes later I am starving because SURPRISE four apple slices and some peanut butter doesn't really cut it in the meal department.  My belly is very sore and the slightest movements send pain radiating throughout my body.  Don't even get me started on the comedy routine that is me trying to stand up from either the bed or the couch.  Sometimes I really want to cry because I am so frustrated with the way my body feels and is acting.  

However, I am determined to find some positives.  For instance every day you are in there is statistically better for you as your brain and lungs continue to grow and develop.  Also, nine days from now regardless of anything else that happens you are coming out.

We can do anything for nine days.  Especially knowing the reward at the end is meeting you.

I love you,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover