17 January 2013

month one

Harlow Rose One Month #3
Stats: Month One
  • Length at Birth: 20.25in
  • Weight at Birth: 7lbs 1oz
  • Weight At Three Day Check Up: 6lbs 12oz (they did not check length)
  • Weight at 2 Week Check Up: 8lbs 1oz (they did not check length)
  • Current Weight: 8.6 pounds (based on me stepping on a scale while holding her)
Harlow Rose One Month 1.15.2013
Likes/Dislikes/Milestones: Month One
  • Loves being held, especially if you let her curl up on your chest with her head near your shoulder
  • Hates having an upset belly (she has had gas issues almost since day one)
  • Still has her full head of dark hair
  • Has had really strong neck muscles and can pick her head up and look around when you hold her upright 
  • Loves being swaddled
  • Great at breastfeeding
  • Dislikes the stuffy nose she has had since her first week home
  • Celebrated her first Christmas
Harlow Rose One Month #5
Mama's Favorite Moments: Month One
  • Hearing her big, strong cries when she was born.
  • Watching her nap on Dan's chest.
  • Listening to Mabes sing, "I belong with you.  You belong with me.  You're my sweetheart." to her sister while I make dinner.
  • The way she smiles in her sleep.
  • The little dinosaur noises she makes and the way she holds her arms straight out like she is a t-rex.
Mabry and Harlow One Month 1.15.2013
Big Sister Interview: Month One
  • What is the best part of being a big sister?  Holding my baby sister.
  • What is the worst thing?  The diapers are really stinky.
  • What is your favorite thing to do with Harlow?  Showing her to my friends at school, church and dance.
  • What is your favorite thing about Harlow?  She has a cute smile.  She reminds me of myself when I was a baby.  (That last comment makes me laugh every time she says it, which is often.  She is a little old lady trapped in a five-year-old's body.)
  • What did you think when you first saw Harlow?  She was beautiful.
  • How do you help with your sister?  I pick out her clothes.  I also get her pacifier and sing to her when I am riding in the car.  I help you get things when you are feeding her.
  • What did you learn about your sister this month?  She has a hole in her head that is soft.  You have to be careful and not to touch it.
  • Anything else you want to add?  I love her and I want to thank God for making my baby sister.

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so sweet and when I look at Mabry holding her it just makes me sad how big Mabry is getting. I wonder when Mabry is 15 and Harlow is 10 if she'll still feel the same way about her little sister. You'll have to save this and show her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love the interview with Mabry. That baby needs me to hold her. ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover