04 February 2013

i'm back

Hello and Happy February!

Y'all, I have a confession.  Motherhood has totally kicked my butt for the last 51 days.  I am trying as hard as I can to get back into a routine.  Really I am.  It has just been a struggle because I feel like I am trying to catch up on a million things that I put on the back burner over the birth/holidays and everyday something else comes along.  It is almost like a game of tetris, only instead of colored blocks falling out of the sky every few seconds...it is another task to do.  I am seriously thinking about wiping the slate clean and just starting fresh.  Too bad there is no reboot for life.

I miss being able to do things.  I like getting on the blog and writing.  I miss picking up my camera and taking pictures.  I miss the gym.  I miss feeling like at the end of the day I can honestly sit down and relax and not worry about all the things I am not doing because I am watching a 30 minute sitcom.

A routine will come.  Relaxation will come.  I just need to find my groove and accept that some things will have to change in order to fit into this new normal we have going on now.

Anyhow, enough of that.

How about a few fun pictures of the girls from yesterday?
Sissies #5
Sissies #6
Sissies #3
My aunt made the shirts.  They are too cute.

Someone needs to tell Harlow to lighten up a little.  She is so serious when I have the camera out.  Girlie needs to get used to the fact that she is going to be having her picture taken a lot in the years to come.

Mabes has decided that she wants to be called, "Sissy."  Not Mabes, not Big Sister, not Sis.  Sissy.  I have no idea where she even heard this from.  The girl knows what she wants and there is no changing her mind.  So for now it looks like Dan and I are raising a couple of Sissies.

One last photo, to prove that Harlow can smile.  She recently discovered the mirror that is on the bottom of the mobile on her swing.  This provides minutes of wonderous entertainment as she stares and smiles at herself.
Happy Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover