23 April 2013

month four

Harlow 4 Month 2
 Stats: Month Four
  • Length: 23 1/4 inches (15th percentile)
  • Weight: 14lbs. 8oz. (50th percentile)
  • Head Circumference: 41 3/4 cm (75th percentile)
Likes/Dislikes/Milestones: Month Four
  • Still loves to cuddle and be held.  Bouncing is her favorite thing.  (I think she still is prone to an upset belly and the bouncing helps.)
  • Does not like to be hot.  She cries when the sun is on her, when it is too warm in the car, if it gets warm in the house, etc.  Since we have had such nice weather lately I have been letting her sleep in nothing but a diaper to try and keep her comfortable.
  • Rolls onto her side, but still can't roll over.  
  • Lifting her head up higher and for longer periods of time during tummy time.
  • Has started to revert back to waking up in the middle of the night again.  This is due to her lack of eating during the day and thus being very hungry at night.  She doesn't eat as well because she is very curious about everything going on around her and will constantly stop nursing to look around.  If I wear the nursing cover she thrashes about wildly, as if she were a cat being thrown into a burlap sack.  
  • Loves taking baths.
  • Adores when people talk to her.  Especially her big sissy, who she loves to be around.
  • Lots of drooling and chewing on things.  Which means we have entered into the dreaded teething stage.  She has also started sucking on her two fingers (just like her big sissy did as a baby).
Harlow 4 Month 1
Mama's Favorite Moments: Month Four
  • Listening to her laugh.  I don't think I will ever stop loving the sound of her laughter.  Especially the deep, belly laughs.
  • When she falls asleep laying on my chest.  
  • The way she follows her sissy around the room with her eyes and gets so excited when Mabes talks to her and plays with her.  It amazes me that at four-months-old you can already see how much she adores and looks up to her older sister.
  • In the early morning hours I put her in bed with me to nurse and when she is finished the way she cuddles right up next to me and sleeps while I lay there just watching her.
Sisters Month 4
Big Sister Interview: Month Four
  • What is the best part of being a big sister? Having my little sister around to cheer me up when I am sad.
  • What is the worst thing? When I hear her cry because it makes me sad for her.
  • What is your favorite thing to do with Harlow? Play with her and hug her and making her feel better when she has shots.  I have to watch out for my little sissy.
  • What is your favorite thing about Harlow? The way she smiles at me.
  • How do you help with your sister? By getting her blanket and playing with her to keep her happy.
  • What did you learn about your sister this month? She loves to chew on her fist and is really noisy when she does it.  
  • What do you think Harlow is going to love to do when she gets older? Play unicorns and dress up with me and hug me.
  • Anything else you want to add? I want her to love fairy tales as much as I do.  Also I hope she dreams about unicorns, but not princesses.  Only I am allowed to dream about princesses.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word that smile is so darn cute. I just love all these pictures. Mabry is such a good big sister and their gamma loves them both so much.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover